- Rosamond Deegan
- Prof. Dame Carol Robinson
Hsin Yung Yen
- % Shareholding
- Number of employees
- Raised in a Series financing in April 2022
1. Additional £10 million investment from
British Patient Capital announced in May 2023.
Unless stated all financials at 30 September 2023.
OMass Therapeutics is an Oxford University spin-out backed by Syncona and Oxford Science Enterprises that is using novel biochemistry techniques, native mass spectrometry and custom chemistry to deliver novel medicines against highly validated but inadequately drugged targets, with a focus on immunological and rare diseases.
OMass was founded on the realisation that small molecule drug discovery has historically focused on targets that operate in relative isolation, such as enzymes. However, many of the best targets operate within a broader ecosystem such as a membrane or an intracellular complex. To drug these targets, it is necessary to also interrogate their full scope of physical interactions within this broader ecosystem, with this being the focus of the OMass pipeline.
The platform is based on work initiated by its scientific founders in the laboratory of Professor Carol Robinson at Oxford University and is currently being applied to an exciting pipeline of novel, differentiated small molecules against membrane and complex-bound targets, with a focus on areas with low translational risk where there is high potential to take products to market.
- Opportunity to develop differentiated small molecule drugs leveraging a world-leading Native Mass Spectrometry platform which enables unique insights into membrane proteins and protein complexes such as GPCRs and Solute Carriers – classes of targets that have been historically difficult to drug in spite of high clinical relevance and unmet need.
Unmet medical need
- Programmes are all in indications with significant unmet medical need