A strong purpose
Syncona’s purpose is to invest to extend and enhance human life.
This core purpose is what aligns our team – we are all motivated to deliver transformational treatments to patients, and make a real difference to their lives.
We have a strong, entrepreneurial culture, where everyone takes personal ownership for delivering Syncona’s purpose.
Our culture is underpinned by our five core values.
Our values are at the heart of all that we do as we seek to deliver Syncona’s mission for all of our stakeholders
- We continually strive for the best outcome for all of Syncona’s stakeholders
- We have high expectations of ourselves and each-other; we act with integrity
- We work with the best people to deliver our goals
- We actively engage with the external world and work to create its future
- We are curious and creative to bring about the change we seek to make
- We take risks in a competitive world and face them with bravery, determination and urgency
- We seek to give and receive constructive feedback
- We are collaborative and transparent, valuing our diverse talents and perspectives
- We admit our mistakes and perpetually seek to improve
- We see what needs to be done and take responsibility for doing it
- We take personal ownership for delivering Syncona’s mission
- We think independently; we are not bound by precedent
- We are trusted and empowered to progress our own development
- We have drive, resilience and persistence
- We are relentless in searching out all of the data
- We ensure our hypotheses and decisions are firmly grounded in the data
- We are intellectually honest and provide open and constructive challenge
When we build successful companies, it benefits all our stakeholders:
For our shareholders
it means generating attractive and sustainable returns.
it means providing life enhancing transformational treatments.
For our employees
and those of our companies, it means creating an environment where everyone can contribute and flourish and where people feel their work provides a useful social contribution.
and the communities, we work in, it means supporting UK and European life science by building sustainable life science businesses; and, through The Syncona Foundation, supporting related charitable organisations to make a positive difference.
it means we can repeat what we do, and found, build and fund even more companies to expand our impact.